Monday 16 March 2009

I hate painting!



Well the title really sums up how I'm feeling right now. I've spent the last two days on the task of painting and it's already starting to pee me off. The main problem is that on fresh plaster, you have to first paint with a watered down white emulsion, then a full fat version and then a final coat. Painting all in white starts to give you a head ache after a while. When it comes to painting the coloured walls, it will probably need 4 coats!

It's very depressing when I think of how many rooms I have to do, but Phil and the folks are up this weekend so I'll try to get all hands to the pump.

I can't wait until I start installing the kitchens so I can put the brushes down for a while. (the pictures are of the kitchen in the barn. we're keeping it white as we've plumped for cool gloss red kitchen units)

1 comment:

Julian said...

Perhaps you should dig out your ski goggles - I know how you feel but at least you have not had to scrap off layers of paint first before you start painting !!!!! - that is all I've been doing for the last week