Thursday, 7 May 2009

The Red Devil

Well I think I've broken the back of the first kitchen. I had a bit of a shock when I first started to assemble it, as the units didn't fit into the space I measured. (this wasn't due to the Dave can't measure effect, but because the Ikea planners had omitted a spacer from the original design!)

Anyway, after a bit of huffing and puffing I managed to squeeze it in and it's starting to look pretty good. It's mostly these high gloss red units with brushed aluminium trim. I'm not going to put the final doors on and the finishing touches until the carpenter has fitted the worktops (I know it's a cop out but it's just easier to get someone who knows what there doing and who's got all the right tools)

All in all quite a sense of satisfaction :-)

No comments: