Thursday 2 July 2009

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay....


....I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I love to press wild flowers..

I put on womens clothing,
and hang around in bars....

A muggy day today so it was outside for me. We've got quite a lot of Ash on the land and I was always going to get round to chopping it up for firewood. Now we've got the sheep off the land however, the grass is thigh high and it's tough to find the logs, even the bigguns. It's worth the effort though, the small pile in the back of the truck is probably about £40 worth and at the moment that can last 4 weeks in the boiler which I'm only having to light every 5-6 days or so.

I'm now only having to buy meat as the courgettes, new potatoes and peas are ready as well as all the salad stuff. I can't wait to get the piggies and chickens so we can have our first full home produced meal. Tom and Barbara have nothing on us!

TOOL OF THE DAY

There was only one contender today, my Stihl MS-180 chainsaw, sweet.....

No comments: