Thursday 4 June 2009

Springwatch at Banceithin

Well what another fabaroonie day, I could get used to this. I decided to kick doing any work in the cottage into touch and decided to have a day pretending to be a farmer :-)

I finished the west side of the veg patch fencing, including a little gate which I'm very proud of, I then dug over the remaining outdoor bed in preparation for the planting party next weekend. I finished planting all the peppers, tomatoes and chili's in Poly, and then spent the rest of the day setting up a brilliant and intricate automatic irrigation system. When the big switch on happened, only about 6 of the 24 nozzles seemed to work. It appears we haven't got enough pressure up at the poly to run the hozelock system, so we either need a battery or solar powered booster pump (the poly is to far away from a power point), or I've wasted a lot of time and money. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

It was 5pm by now so I decided to give the land a hair cut before the predicted rains arrive on Saturday. I hitched up the topper to Trinny and we had a fab couple of hours trundling around the fields. A couple of Red Kites have learn't to follow me to pick up any rodents I happen to decapitate, today a large kite dived down about 10ft in front of me and carried away a small furry thing, it was an amazing sight, those things are massive. Springwatch has got nothing on us here :-)

Well I've got a cheeky, I mean cheap little Californian in the fridge, some I'm off to sit in the sun and admire my handy work

1 comment:

Jonathan Kemp said...

But what is 'tool of the day'???